The new Software package Windows 10 is the standard platform from June 5, 2017 and will be installed on all Jönköping University PC:s from June to December 2017.
Student computers and non-personal lecture computers in class rooms, study rooms etcetera will be reinstalled during summer 2017.
Staff computers will be reinstalled according to a schedule for each school. Workshops (for staff) will be arranged prior to the release for each school.
Extra workshops: Nov 6 at 13-14.30 (Swedish), Dec 7 at 10-11.30 (Swedish).
Sign up in Pingpong!
Contact IT Helpdesk if you want your staff computer reinstalled earlier.
Get started with Windows 10 (e-learning for staff)
When a problem on a computer with older software package is reported to IT Helpdesk, the primary course of action will be to reinstall the computer with the newest package.
* Based on Windows 10 instead of Windows 7
* "Slimmed" package. Install the applications you need via Software Center
* Software Center - a portal for installing applications (replacing JU-Applications in the Start menu)
* Google Chrome as standard web browser
* New naming convention for computers and other devices
* Pure Microsoft environment, no ZENworks- or Novell client
* Improved security
* Only PS print queues (no PCL queues)
* Common JU Files for staff are accessed via a shortcut on the desktop (not via L:)
* Personal JU Files are accessed for staff via a shortcut on the desktop (and via G: when on campus)
Content updated 2017-10-12