The new Software package Windows 10 is the standard platform from June 5, 2017 and will be installed on all Jönköping University PC:s from June to December 2017.
Student computers and non-personal lecture computers in class rooms, study rooms etcetera will be reinstalled during summer 2017.
Staff computers will be reinstalled according to a schedule for each school. Workshops (for staff) will be arranged prior to the release for each school.
Contact IT Helpdesk if you want your staff computer reinstalled earlier.
Get started with Windows 10 (e-learning for staff)
When a problem on a computer with older software package is reported to IT Helpdesk, the primary course of action will be to reinstall the computer with the newest package.
* Based on Windows 10 instead of Windows 7
* "Slimmed" package. Install the applications you need via Software Center
* Software Center - a portal for installing applications (replacing JU-Applications in the Start menu)
* Google Chrome as standard web browser
* New naming convention for computers and other devices
* Pure Microsoft environment, no ZENworks- or Novell client
* Improved security
* Only PS print queues (no PCL queues)
* Common JU Files for staff are accessed via a shortcut on the desktop (not via L:)
* Personal JU Files are accessed via a shortcut on the desktop (and via G:)
Content updated 2017-06-29