Advanced Geographical Economics 7,5 credits
Course ContentsThe objective of the course is to give students knowledge about location aspects of innovation and trade, on the basis of various forms of scale economies as well as proximity and network externalities. The course will provide the student with a capacity to critically analyse economic problems relating to location, specialisation and trade for regions of different types. It will establish a competence in penetrating the reasons for how regions specialise and how they develop in a perspective of a global economy.
Important elements of the course are the following:
- Static and dynamic comparative advantages, location advantages and spatial externalities.
- Clusters and Regional Systems of Innovation.
- Different types of equilibria and path dependence.
- Finding equilibria of non-linear models by numerical simulation.
- Stability conditions of spatial equilibria.
PrerequisitesBachelor’s degree in Economics
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: JAGR24
The course is conducted at: Jönköping International Business School
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterSpring 2017: Jan 16 - Jun 04
Rate of Study50%
Number of places0
Course coordinatorÖzge Öner
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students15000kr