Enterprise Architecture and IT Architecture 7,5 credits
Course ContentsThe course provides the knowledge and skills of applying a holistic and systemic perspective on enterprises and enterprise architecture (EA). In general, it will address EA in order to capture and structure relevant components for describing an enterprise, including its business and operation model, organizational structure, business processes, data, applications and technology - as well as the processes used for development of the EA as such. A number of architectural layers will be explained, e.g. the business architecture, the information architecture, the solution architecture, and the technology architecture. Enterprise Architecture Management (EAM) will be introduced as one of the key activities to keep the IT of an organization aligned with the business challenges and activities. Methods, standards and tools will be covered to construct and analyse conceptual enterprise models addressing various organizational design problems from different modelling perspectives. Examples of such perspectives are goals, processes, concepts, information, and enterprise information architecture. A connection will be established between to IT architectures and services and cloud computing.
The topics covered in the course include:
- Enterprise architecture and enterprise architecture management
- Business and IT alignment
- Enterprise modelling, methods, languages and modelling processes
- EA standards such as TOGAF and ArchiMate
- Business model impact on enterprise architecture
- Design thinking for enterprise architectures
- Information system architecture and technology architecture
- IT architectures based on services and cloud computing
- EA as a tool to guide requirements specifications and design descriptions
PrerequisitesThe applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor’s degree (i.e the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 60 ECTS credits in informatics, business administration, computer science, computer engineering, information engineering, or equivalent.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: JEAR27
The course is conducted at: Jönköping International Business School