Sustainability in a Multicultural World for Teachers in Primary School Years 4-6 (ES) 7,5 credits
Course ContentsThis course focuses on Elementary school age 10-12.
- Conditions for sustainable societies and strategies for good transitions to these
- Natural resources and ecological dependencies
- Language development in the multicultural classroom
- Human impact on life-supporting systems in a perspective of global equity and fairness
- Handling cultural conflicts of values specially regarding traditions of knowledge and education
- Psychological patterns in encounters of global crises and unfamiliar cultures, specially in the multicultural classroom
- Teaching and learning perspectives, including values, on sustainable development and intercultural encounters
- Action competence for sustainability in a multicultural world
Prerequisites60 credits in completed courses. Students enrolled in the Teacher Education Programme must have followed the determined course of studies (semester 1-5) or the equivalent courses. Exemption is granted from the requirements in Swedish. English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Undergraduate G2F
Course code/Ladok code: LHGN17
The course is conducted at: School of Education and Communication