Industrial Product Realization, Process - Methods - Leadership 9 credits
Course ContentsThe course covers the different parts of the product realization process’ regarding their content, operation, management and methods of development and research. The course provides a theoretical, organizational and scientific contextual framwork to the own master program’s focus and the contribution of each program field to the product realization process is introduced.
The course includes the following topics:
- Product realization process parts
- Methods relevant to product development as well as development of production, industrial design and information technology
- Scientific methods used for development of knowledge in the different parts of the process
- Group dynamics, leadership and communication in the different parts of the product realization process
- Intercultural aspects like intercultural fear management, worldview, value dimensions, culture shock adaptation, religion, non-verbal communication at work and in an education context.
PrerequisitesThe applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor's degree (ie. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits within the major subject Informatics, Computer Engineering, Interaction Design (with relevant courses in web programming), Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management or Civil Engineering or equivalent. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master A1N
Course code/Ladok code: TIFR26
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterAutumn 2017: Aug 21 - Nov 05
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorRob Day
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students20250kr