Component Casting 6 credits
Course ContentsThe course aims to give the student basic knowledge and deepening of component production of the casting of metallic materials, including design, material properties and manufacturing processes. In each step, a scientific approach to technology both in terms of systematic approaches and mathematical language to be able to analyze and evaluate process solutions and the problems that are associated.
The course includes the following topics:
- Manufavturing of components by castingg.
- Applications of heat transfer, including conduction, convection, radiation to calculate the solidification and feeding.
- Applications of fluid flow, Bernoulli's equation, the continuity equation, lamellar and turbulent flow
- Cast materials, solidification and microstructure and properties. Phase diagrams. The relation casting process, microstructure and properties of cast alloys. Sheingkage and gas porosity.
- Design for casting and cast materials
- Introduction to computer simulation of the casting process. The integration of CAD / CAM
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and completed courses Engineering Material, 6 credits and Manufacturing Technology, 9 credits
Level of Education: Undergraduate G1F
Course code/Ladok code: TKGK15
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterAutumn 2017: Oct 23 - Jan 14
Rate of Study100%
Number of places0
Course coordinatorJakob Olofsson
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students12600kr