Optimization Driven Design 6 credits
Course ContentsThe course includes the following topics:
- Introduction to optimization driven design, structural optimization, size-, shape- and topology optimization, as well as surrogate based design optimization.
- The steepest descent method, Newton’s method, Karush-Kuhn-Tucker conditions (KKT), linear programming, the Simplex method.
- Response surface optimization, successive response surface optimization, linear and quadratic response surfaces, the normal equation, advanced surrogate models (Kriging and RBFN).
- Design of Experiments (DoE): factorial, Koshal, Box-Behnken, face centered design, S-optimal DoE.
- Robustness analysis, normal distribution, histogram, box plots, scatter plots, Monte Carlo simulations.
PrerequisitesPassed courses 180 credits in first cycle, at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, and 21 credits Mathematics, and completed course Non-linear Finite Element Analysis, 9 credits, and English Language requirements corresponding to English 6 or English B in the Swedish upper secondary school
Level of Education: Master A1F
Course code/Ladok code: TODS27
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering