Production Development I, Strategy and System 7,5 credits
Course ContentsThe course covers what operations strategies are, how they are formulated, used and affect the business in manufacturing companies. The course further addresses and deals with the design of production systems and efficient production flows taking into account people, technology and organization. System view and different perspectives are essential starting points.
The course includes the following elements:
- Introduction to operations strategy
- Operations strategies and the need for and relevance of different production solutions
- Formation of operations strategies
- Design of production systems including systems and process perspective, sustainability, production philosophies, layout, workplace design and organizational solutions
- Various technological choices’ impact on the production system
- Realization of production systems including organizing, procurement, industrialization and delivering the production system to the operating organization
- Evaluation of production systems
PrerequisitesThe applicant must hold the minimun of a bachelor´s degree (ie. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits within the major subject in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management or Civil Engineering, and 15 credits Mathematics. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TP1R27
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterAutumn 2017: Aug 21 - Oct 22
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorCarin R?si?
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students16875kr