1st CeFEO Ownership Workshop
The first edition of the workshop, dedicated to “Emergent Concepts of Ownership Across Firms and Industries”, was held at JIBS in November 2018. The format of the workshop involves the participation of visiting scholars as well as researchers from JIBS.
With this workshop, we explored the focus area of ‘ownership’ by studying how industrial and geographical changes (e.g. digitalization, innovation, internationalisation, intellectual property, knowledge boundaries/integration) affect the theoretical and empirical foundations of ownership.
Topics discussed in the workshop included:
- Anna Grandori: Ownership and governance, theory of the firm, contracts, ownership and human capital, ownership, and the law
- Fredrik Tell: Innovation, knowledge integration, digitalization, patents, and protection.
- Leif Melin: Ownership and forms of organization, types of ownership, property and decision rights, psychological ownership
- Rolf Lundin: Projects and temporary organizations; network projects and its ownership and time characteristics.
- Jerker Moodysson. Knowledge bases for innovation; institutional characteristics and vested interest in knowledge creation; regime status-quo, and the role of middle-size firms in knowledge creation.
- Francesco Chirico: Connecting family business and ownership, ownership exit, and ownership types e.g. franchising, mergers, acquisitions.
- Mattias Nordqvist: Overview of ownership projects at Cefeo, newprojects/initiatives in ownership research
2nd CeFEO Ownership Workshop
The second edition of the workshop will take place during 2020 and is currently under development.