The prize’s overall objective is to promote, recognise and reward:
- prominent pedagogical efforts,
- recognised interest and commitment to the development of education,
- recognised educational skill,
- recognised learning supportive collaboration between colleagues/students/professional life representatives and/or
- recognised skill as a pedagogic leader.
Criteria for the pedagogical prize
- Educational efforts Prize winner must have carried out a multi-year, particularly appreciated and successful act of teaching and thereby, for example:
- created a positive climate that stimulated the students’ commitment and interest in the subject and in doing so promoted learning,
- stimulated the students to pursue personal learning, creativity and critical thinking,
- placed the course and subject in a context understandable to the students,
- brought the instruction to life and related it to the students’ experiences,
- given the students constructive feedback on what each of them learned in various situations and what needs to be developed further,
- renewed and developed educational and examination formats and/or
- used net-based educational methods in a way that has provided added value to the students’ studies.
- Development, collaboration and pedagogical leadership Prize winners must have developed and, in instruction, carried out with great success an innovative pedagogical idea, demonstrated results-yielding collaboration between colleagues/students/professional life representatives, or demonstrated clear and appreciated pedagogical leadership, for example by having:
- realised new ideas for instruction and learning,
- developed educational methods that provided added value to the students’ studies,
- developed educational tools that provided added value to the students’ studies,
- engaged students and colleagues in the development of cases and strategies and accepted joint responsibility for the education,
- created a positive climate for discussion of pedagogical issues among colleagues,
- initiated various pedagogical activities for the teachers,
- supported teachers’ own initiatives to develop the education and/or
- evaluated and followed up the effect of various pedagogical efforts.
Recognition and prize
- A prize amount to be used for skills development.
- Diploma and honourable mention at the Academic celebration.
- Public lecture and publication of achievement/results as the basis for the prize.
Students and employees may submit nominations.