New strategic initiatives for education and research
New international Master's programmes, recruitment of professors, MOOC, review of research environments, business development in commissioned education – these are some of the news when Jönköping University invests in strategic development projects.
- Jönköping University now starts up several new projects to develop education and research even more, in accordance to the University’s strategies and goals, says President Anita Hansbo.
The new development projects are:
- Development of an international Master's programme, tied to the research centre CHILD at the School of Eduaction and Communication and the School of Health Sciences.
- Development of an international Master's programme in Management of Technology, a collaboration between Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) and the School of Engineering.
- Development of an new programme conducted in English at the School of Health Sciences.
- Increased international competence among teachers at the School of Eduaction and Communication due to the increased demand for intercultural understanding for the school’s graduated students professional life, both in Sweden and abroad.
- Develop a web-based MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) at JIBS.
- International peer review of focus areas within research at JIBS.
- Strategic recruitment of a professor in computer science at the School of Engineering.
- Strategic recruitment of a professor in logistics at JIBS.
- Business development and risk taking in commissioned education at the School of Health Sciences.
The goals in the university’s joint strategies 2013-2016
- Increase international education across the university
- Increase internationally competitive research
- Improve external engagement
- Increase student attraction and satisfaction