Contributed papers will attempt to cover specific problems in the same areas. The topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Solidification processing of metallic alloys (steel, cast iron, Al-, Cu- and other nonferrous alloys), non-metallic materials and composites.
- Shape casting (sand casting, HPD casting, thixocasting, rheocasting, lost foam, ...), continuous casting.
- Welding, soldering.
- Processing/structure/property relations.
- Through-process modelling.
- Numerical techniques for solidification modeling (FEM, FVM, DEM, LB, …)
- Nucleation, grain refinement and inoculation techniques.
- Microstructure evolution, columnar-to-equiaxed transition and globular-to-dendritic transition.
- Formation of eutectics, peritectics and intermetallics. Modification.
- In-situ observations of solidification phenomena and comparison with predictions.
- Micro- and macrosegregation.
- High temperature/mushy zone properties. Rheology.
- Thermodynamics of solidification.
- Stress and deformation, hot tearing, macro-shrinkage and porosity.
- Novel process techniques, e.g. Additive Manufacturing.
- Treatment after casting (e.g. heat treatment, machining, shot peening).
- Mold and core materials (e.g. thermal conductivity, specific heat, density, mechanical properties).