Software package Win10
The new Software package Windows 10 is the standard platform from June 5, 2017.
Get started with Windows 10 External link, opens in new window. (e-learning for staff)
When a problem on a computer with older software package is reported to IT Helpdesk, the primary course of action will be to reinstall the computer with the newest package.
Major changes compared to Software package 2015:
* Based on Windows 10 instead of Windows 7
* "Slimmed" package. Install the applications you need via Software Center
* Software Center - a portal for installing applications (replacing JU-Applications in the Start menu)
* Google Chrome as standard web browser
* New naming convention for computers and other devices
* Pure Microsoft environment, no ZENworks- or Novell client
* Improved security
* Only PS print queues (no PCL queues)
* Common JU Files for staff are accessed via a shortcut on the desktop (not via L:)
* Personal JU Files are accessed for staff via a shortcut on the desktop (and via G: when on campus)