What are the admission requirements for undergraduate studies?
All students must fulfill the general and specific admission requirements for the programme they are applying to. For undergraduate studies, the selection is made based on high school/upper secondary school results.
Eligibility requirements include
- A high school diploma (certified copy) which entitles the student to university studies in his/her home country.
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades
NOTE: Students in the final year of high school/upper secondary school must apply through our local JU admission and upload all transcripts, including courses and grades from the second to last semester of high school. The final semester's transcript and high school diploma are not required from students preparing to graduate from high school. Jönköping University grants conditional offers to these students, and requires them to submit the final high school diploma upon arrival, prior to commencing the programme.
- For bachelor programmes at the business school, you must have
- completed social science, history or geography courses in high school/upper secondary school (equivalent to Samhällskunskap A at Swedish gymnasium).
- completed Math studies in high school/upper secondary school (equivalent to Matematik 3b, 3c or Matematik C at Swedish gymnasium) which gives you the knowledge to use functions such as logarithms, exponentials, polynomials and power functions. Furthermore, you should be familiar with the concept of derivatives and the slope of a curve and be able to formulate, analyze and solve simple mathematical models.
- For our Engineering bachelor programme in Sustainable Supply Chain Management, maths and science requirements are higher than in other programmes. Contact us for more specific information related to your country.
- Proof of English proficiency. See our language requirements.
- A copy of your passport (EU/EEA/Swiss citizens may submit a copy of a valid identity card which clearly states citizenship).
- Letter of Motivation- Motivation letter should be no longer than 1000 words. Work experience that relates to programme considered an asset.
- If your documents are in a language other than Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, English, French or German, you must also provide an official translation. This translation should be in one of the following languages: Swedish, English, French or German. Jönköping University may check the authenticity of documents with the issuing school.
- All documents must contain your personal data which are essential for matching the documents with your application. You will receive your personal data when you have submitted your application online.
Qualifications information specific to your country
- For bachelor applicants applying in Sweden.