Strategies for durability
Al components undergo usually a surface treatment in order to comply with durability or aesthetical requirements. Have you ever wondered, what is the strategy to choose the best surface finishing? Have you ever got lost in the jungle of possibilities for Aluminium surface treatments?
In this webinar we will discuss the challenges for Al alloys dubility and the most common strategies to increase the surface performance. Different technologies will be presented and discussed according to the application field.
Date: Jan. 28, 2021
Time: 10:00-11:00 (+ 30 min group discussion and networking)
After attending this webinar you will know more about:
- How different alloying element affect the final surface treatment and performance
- Different surface treatment for Al alloys, their technology and application field
- The main requirements for a surface treatment to increase durability
- Related research and development activities at JTH
This webinar is specifically useful for designer and supplier manager of Al component industries and end user of Al alloy products. Everyone with interest in Al finishing are also welcomed.
- Professor surface technology
- School of Engineering
- +46 36-10 1691
This is the first of 3 webinars on Al surface technologies. In the next webinar we will focus more on Corrosion challenges (20th of May 2021) and Anodizing (3rd of June 2021)