History and Policy of Swedish Preschool Provision 10 Credits
Course Contents• The organization of the Swedish preschool system
• The Swedish preschool curriculum
• International comparisons of early childhood education provision
• Organizational and policy elements of Nordic preschool provision.
• History and development of Swedish preschool provision
• The relationship between early childhood education provision and developmental and learning outcomes
• The organization of university-level preschool teacher training in Sweden
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and a bachelor's degree (i.e. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) within behavioral science, social work, educational sciences, or related field, including independent, theoretical-based work, i.e. a thesis or equivalent. English proficiency is required. Exemption is granted from requirement in Swedish.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: LHPR29
The course is conducted at: School of Education and Communication