Development for Mobile, Wearable and Smart Devices 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThe course continues the subject of user experience design by first focusing on high-fidelity prototypes and wire-frames for mobile and wearable devices. After introducing the technology of connected devices, the focus shifts to the design for smart devices, and cross-device interactions.
The topics covered in the course include:
- user experience design for mobile, wearable and smart devices
- high-fidelity prototypes and wire-frames
- IoT (Internet of Things) – the technology of connected devices
- embedded device design
- user experience design for connected products and cross-device interactions
- mobile application frameworks with Foreign Function Interface (FFI)
- building a CRUD Application (Create-Read-Update-Delete)
- integrating applications with social web APIs
- location detection, camera access and user management
PrerequisitesThe applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor’s degree (i.e the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits in computer engineering, electrical engineering (with relevant courses in computer engineering), or equivalent. The bachelor’s degree should comprise a minimum of 15 credits in mathematics. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TDWR29
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
This course is cancelled for study period Oct 21-Jan 06.
Type of courseProgram
SemesterAutumn 2019: Oct 21 - Jan 12
Rate of Study100%
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students17498kr