Integrated Product Development 12 Credits
Course ContentsCourse covers the relationship between a product's design, stakeholders' requirements and life cycle aspects, and resulting effects on these caused by decisions taken during product development. Various methods and tools to support integrated product development are introduced and applied. A strong emphasis is put on the integration between design and production. The course also includes activities where practical skills in planning, management and reporting of project are trained.
The course includes the following parts:
- Additive manufacturing as method for prototyping and manufacturing
- A holistic approach to product development and a life-cycle view on the product design
- Methods and tools for integrated product development
- Integration of product models and product related information
- Production aspects and product design properties that are mutually dependent
- Cost estimation and costs analyzes in product development
- Methods and approaches in engineering design supporting efficient manufacture and assembly
- Operation and organization of integrated collaboration
- Planning, management and reporting of product development projects.
PrerequisitesPassed courses 180 credits in first cycle, at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, and 21 credits Mathematics, and completed course Industrial Product Realization, Process - Methods - Leadership, 9 credits
Level of Education: Master A1F
Course code/Ladok code: TIPS25
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
This course is cancelled for study period Jan 14-May 27.
Type of courseProgram
SemesterSpring 2019: Jan 14 - Jun 02
Rate of Study100%
Number of places0
Course coordinatorFredrik Elgh
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students27000kr