Is it necessary for me to get a visa to come study in Jönköping?

EU/EEA countries

If you are a citizen of an EU/EEA country you have the right to reside in Sweden. The term “right to reside" means that an EU/EEA citizen is permitted to stay in Sweden for more than three months without a residence permit. Please note: As of 1 May, 2014, EU/EEA citizens who want to stay in Sweden for more than three months in order to work or study, no longer need to register their right of residence with the Swedish Migration Board.

Nordic countries

Citizens from Nordic countries do not need a visa or residence permit to study in Sweden.

Other countries outside the EU

Please note that students from certain countries do not require a visa if the length of the stay in Sweden is less than 3 months. The lists of countries whose residents require a visa can be found at the Swedish Migration Boardexternal link, opens in new window.