Collaborative Digital Platform for Dynamic Workflows in Construction Production and Information Exchange Planning
The project aims the development of a multi-faceted, multi-user, intelligent semantic, collaborative digital platform that integrates 3D (+) data from a BIM model. The purpose is to develop a real-time platform that can provide an effective and valuable tool to support dynamic workflows and planning of construction production, as well as information exchanges within a distributed construction and design team using a connected project ecosystem.
In construction industry, there is lack of a cohesive, integrated approach to design and production planning and control in which the complex dependency structure of the information is managed, and multiple monitoring systems provide real-time information streaming from the construction project and inform a common data environment, which can then support various management functions in an interconnected, fully coordinated, and autonomous platform to support synchronous collaboration. Development and implementation of such a platform is fundamentally dependent on advanced data and information processing software, such as optimization and search algorithms (for analyzing and exploring potential forward-looking construction plans and investigate the information exchanges needed).
The Project Significance
Research and development work is needed to progress the collaborative digital workflow paradigm, particularly in the areas of (a) design of collaborative digital platforms, (b) interpretation of multiple data streams to derive status information, (c) potential interactions with the digital twins of construction resources within a connected project ecosystem.
The Expected Results
A Collaborative Digital Platform for Dynamic Workflows in Construction can provide several benefits, including:
- Increased Efficiency: The platform can streamline communication and collaboration between project teams, reducing the time spent on manual processes and reducing the potential for errors. This, in turn, can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Improved Decision-making: The platform can provide real-time data and insights, allowing project teams to make informed decisions quickly. This can help avoid delays and reduce costs.
- Enhanced Coordination: The platform can facilitate coordination between different teams and stakeholders, ensuring that everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals. This can help prevent misunderstandings and conflicts.
- Increased Transparency: The platform can provide visibility into project progress, allowing all stakeholders to see how the project is progressing and identify potential issues early on. This can help ensure that the project stays on track and within budget.
- Improved Quality: The platform can help ensure that quality standards are met by providing a centralized location for managing and tracking quality-related tasks and issues.
- Better Risk Management: The platform can help identify potential risks early on and provide tools for managing those risks. This can help minimize the impact of risks on project timelines and budgets.
Overall, a Collaborative Digital Platform for Dynamic Workflows in Construction can help improve project outcomes by enabling better communication, coordination, and decision-making throughout the project lifecycle.
Academic Partner: Jönköping University
Industrial Partners: Jönköping Läns Byggmästareförening
Duration of the project: 2023 – 2025
Project manager: Ibrahim Yitmen, Associate Professor
Financier: Jönköpings Läns Byggmästareförening Länk till annan webbplats, öppnas i nytt fönster.
For more information
Ibrahim Yitmen, Associate Professor
Tel: 073 910 17 76 | E-mail: email@example.com