Tinn walled aluminium castings and mechanical properties.
The project was divided into two different research areas:
- Part A: Rapid Tool making and casting simulation
- Part B: Material properties
Jönköping University was manly active in the group of material properties.
The work in this part of STALPK was focused on following goals
- 10% ultimate elongation for the best alloys
- Possibilities to predict mechanical properties by simulation
- Increased thermal conductivity
- Reduction of casting weight, for demonstrators, manufactured at gravity die casting and high pressure die casting by reduction of wall thickness.