Communication in a Cross-Cultural Context 7,5 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
The course provides a broad understanding of communication in intercultural settings. The course provides students basics concepts and theories and introduces them to the practice of oral, written and non-verbal communication in the context of international management studies.
KursinnehållDrawing on perspectives and theories from business administration and communication, the course ”Communication in a cross-cultural context” provides a broad understanding of communication in intercultural settings. The course provides students basics concepts and theories and introduces them to the practice of oral, written and non-verbal communication in the context of international management studies. To be effective as business students and subsequently as business practitioners, students need to have skills in understanding and producing texts and oral presentations that are adapted to a business and/or academic audience. They also need to acquire skills in effectively functioning in a cross-cultural environment. It covers relevant aspects including:
- cultural differences in communication
- cultural identity, cultural biases and social stressors
- the use of verbal and nonverbal communication
- understanding and producing business and academic texts, including relating to conventions on writing style and referencing, and delivering oral presentations
- effectiveness of communication for different contexts
- conflicts and cross-cultural communication
- acculturation and cultural change
- intercultural communication competence development
FörkunskapskravGeneral entry requirements and Mathematics 3b/3c, Civics 1b or 1a1+1a2 with required grades E. Or: Mathematics C, Civics A and English B with required grades Passed.
Läs mer om urvalsregler
Kursen ges vid: Jönköping International Business School
Typ av KursFristående
TerminHösten 2019: vecka 34 - vecka 43
Gäller enbart studenter utanför EU/EES/Schweiz: Studieavgift12500kr
Visa flerVisa färre