Researchers at Jönköping University can publish open access in Emerald's subscription-based journals without having to pay any author fee, the so-called APC (Article Processing Charge).
This is made possible by the participation of Jönköping University in a Swedish national consortium agreement with Emerald. The agreement is valid from 2021 onwards.
Through the agreement, articles submitted from 1 January, 2021 and onwards, will be made freely available to everyone, including those who do not have access via subscription.
Which journals are covered by the agreement?
The agreement comprises over 3000 journals:
Who can use the agreement?
In order to use this service you have to be the corresponding author of the article and affiliated with Jönköping University.
Corresponding author is defined as the author that handles “all correspondence about the article and sign the publishing agreement on behalf of all the authors”.
What do I have to do?
This is the process:
- The first thing to do is to submit your manuscript to the journal through ScholarOne.
- On the page "Details and Comments" in ScholarOne, select the option "Yes, I want to publish my article as Open Access".
- Your article will either be rejected or enter the peer-review process.
- If your article is accepted, you will receive an email with the CC BY licence.
- Complete and sign the licence and return it by email to the Emerald contact.
- Your article will be published open access!
What is a CC BY licence?
CC BY = BY stands for "attribution". Choosing CC BY means that you allow others to use, share, and modify your work, even in commercial contexts. Others who use your work in any way must give you credit.
Read more about the Creative Commons licences External link, opens in new window..