We guarantee accommodation for all our international students which ensures that you will have a place to live. In order to have your accommodation guaranteed, you will need to do the following:
- Complete the accommodation application within the required deadlines.
- Pay a non-refundable administration fee of 700 SEK.
- Complete the arrival registration, even if you do not arrive during the arrival dates and/or do not require the pick-up service
The online application for accommodation along with other important information about accommodation can be found here.
You will be obliged to accept the housing option that the accommodation office organizes for you and your address in Jönköping cannot be confirmed before your arrival to Sweden.
Please note: sometimes the demand for accommodation is high (especially during the autumn semester) which might mean that you may not get the accommodation that you chose, that you might be placed in an accommodation some distance from the university, or that you may be placed in a temporary housing until your permanent accommodation is available but we do our best to provide the best service available for you.
Payment of rent
You may be expected to pay for your accommodation for the whole semester, even if you arrive later in the semester or leave before the end of the semester. It is your responsibility to check the end date of your rental contract before signing. Rent is paid for a whole calendar month even if you only use the accommodation for part of the month. Please be aware that some landlords require the rent for the whole semester to be paid in one amount at the beginning of your stay.
If for some reason you need to cancel your exchange, if you do not arrive or if you find another accommodation on your own, please be aware of the following: If you have completed the accommodation application and arrival registration, you may be required to pay a cancellation fee (up to three months rent).
We offer a pick-up service if you arrive within the pick-up service opening hours and at one of the meeting points. For more information about the pick-up service hours and meeting points please visit the JU web.
- If you arrive outside the pick-up service opening hours, you will need to make your own way to JU to fetch your keys and then on to your accommodation. The local transportation service, JLT (Jönköpings Länstrafik), in Jönköping is well-developed offering frequent bus rides to all parts of the city.
- Please note: If you arrive after office hours on a weekday, during a weekend or on a public holiday (other than the pick-up week-end), you will need to arrange your own temporary accommodation, such as a hostel or hotel, until the Accommodation Office opens.