As the holder of a user account at the university, you are responsible for:
- that your passwords meet the quality and handling specified in this policy.
- that you keep your passwords secret.
- as part of the above point, never give your passwords to anyone who requests them via e-mail, telephone or otherwise.
The main news in the policy are:
- The password is valid until further notice, the exception is the system administrator account (1 year)
- The number of characters in the password is increased from 8 to 10 characters (except for Eduroam account which retains exactly 7 characters)
- The password should always be changed in the self-service portal
- Password reset should always be done through the reset portal
- Automatic password control to ensure good password quality
Read the full policy here Pdf, 187.6 kB.
NOTE! The new policy will only apply when you change your password, after October 1st.