As the holder of a user account at the university, you are responsible for:
- that your passwords meet the quality and handling specified in this policy.
- that you keep your passwords secret.
- as part of the above point, never give your passwords to anyone who requests them via e-mail, telephone or otherwise.
The main news in the policy are:
- The password is valid until further notice, the exception is the system administrator account (1 year)
- The number of characters in the password is increased from 8 to 10 characters (except for Eduroam account which retains exactly 7 characters)
- The password should always be changed in the self-service portal
- Password reset should always be done through the reset portal
- Automatic password control to ensure good password quality
Read the full policy here
NOTE! The new policy will only apply when you change your password, after October 1st.