At aretsungaledandekvinna.sethe public can nominate women under 35 who live in the county of Jönköping, until 31 October. After this the selection process will begin and in February 2020 a list of leadership role models will be published.
This is the fifth edition of the award - an effort that in the long term will contribute to more women in leading positions. Jönköping University is involved in supporting the project which is run by Science Park and the Chamber of Commerce (Handelskammaren), our President Agneta Marell is one of the jury members. Several students and alumni have been nominated over the years and last year Helén Truong, a former student from Jönköping University, was named the winner.
Who can be nominated for Young Leading Woman of the Year?
- A leader is a broad concept and the award is meant for all kinds of leaders. We welcome leaders in business, the public sector and non-profit organizations. Leaders from large and small businesses. CEOs, changers, business owners, board members, middle managers, regional managers, union leaders, opinion-makers and everyone else who knows or is considered a leader, says Nana Björnberg from the Chamber of Commerce.
The criteria for qualifying for the list is that the nominee:
- is a leader living in Jönköping County
- is a woman born in 1984 or later
- can show the results of their leadership
- is a role model in its way of acting
- have an ability to inspire their surroundings
- not part of previous years' lists.
So take the chance to nominate a woman you know for this year's most prestigious list.