INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENTS
- AI Engineering
- Applied Economics and Data Analysis
- Digital Business
- Engineering Management
- Global Management
- International Financial Analysis
- International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- International Marketing
- Interventions in Childhood
- MASTech (specialization: Assistive Technology)
- Product Design
- Production Engineering and Management
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Supply Chain Operations Management
- Sustainable Building Information Management
- Sustainable Communication
- User Experience Design and IT Architecture
Apply for accommodation and announce arrival
Application for accommodation
The accommodation application for the Autumn semester 2020 is open until 25 May (it will be extended for students who are admitted after this date). In order to be guaranteed accommodation upon arrival you need to apply for housing, pay the 700 SEK service fee, and announce your arrival within the set deadlines. If you have not received information or have questions about accommodation, please contact Accommodation.Office@ju.se
Announce your arrrival
After applying, you must also make sure you announce your arrival to Accommodation Office between July 1-20 to confirm your application. Note: if you do not announce your arrival, you will lose your guaranteed accommodation. Keep in mind that there is a housing shortage, so students are strongly urged to follow through with the student housing application. More details about accommodation, arrival, pick-up weekend, etc. here.
Check Roll Call, Schedule,etc.
When you select your programme from the menu above, you will also find additional info, such as your entire schedule for Introduction Week, as well as some other useful links and information. Take the time to familiarize yourself with everything on this page, so that you’ll be better prepared when you arrive!
Note: this information will be updated during the summer, so be sure to check back before arrival!
Visit the Student Web
Attend Roll Call
On the first day of Introduction Week, Monday August 17th, you are expected to attend the obligatory roll call for your programme. You’ll find the location and time for your roll call when you select your programme from the pull down menu above. Attending roll-call is compulsory for new students.
If you cannot attend roll call
If you cannot attend roll call for any reason, contact us here and inform us immediately.
Latecomers must visit Service Center and complete the registration process upon arrival. This will be available during following dates:
Monday 17/8 14.00-15.00
18/8 -21/8 10.00-11.00
Monday - Friday 10.00-11.00
Monday 31/8 10.00-11.00
Wednesday 1/9 10.00-11.00
Friday 4/9 10.00-11.00
Monday 7/9 10.00-11.00
Wednesday 9/9 10.00-11.00
Friday 11/9 10.00-11.00
Monday 14/9 10.00-11.00
Register and activate your JU user account
International students will be able to register online between 10- 30 August.
Instructions regarding the registration process will be sent out via email to all students in the beginning of August.
Please watch the film below to learn how to create a user account, get an e-mail address, find your courses and more at Jönköping University.
Download our App: JU Mobile
JU Mobile allows you to access your schedule through the app as well as book rooms, register for exams, see your study results, view the news, etc. You can download it on the App Store, or Google Play.
Sessions to watch and important info to read during Intro Week
- Wednesday 19 August, 9.30 – 11:45 Live Welcome meeting with International Office via Zoom (an email will reach you with instructions you need to have in order to attend the meeting). Note: some students may have compulsory programme-related meetings during this time. These should be prioritized!
- Welcome Meeting (above meeting recorded )
- Information about the Student Health Care at JU (video). Read more about Student Health Care at JU. Learn more about the Chaplaincy at JU (video)
- Information about insurances for international students at Jönköping University
- Information about educational support for students with disabilities and the academic resource center at JU. Watch a Powerpoint about educational support and equal opportunties at JU and a video about the Academic Resource Center at JU.
- Surviving outside your comfort zone (video)
- Academic Integrity at Jönköping University (video lecture)
- Gateway to the Swedish culture and traditions (video)
Order the JU Card
You need a JU card to access premises on campus, borrow books from the University Library, access printers, get student discounts, etc. You should order your JU card when activating your account. More info can be found at ju.se/ju-card
Your JU card will be available for pick up at the Campus Arena after you've received a confirmation email that the card is ready. The opening hours are as follows:
17-21 August: Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00
24-28 August: Monday-Friday 09:00-15:00
Join the Student Union
The Student Union is a great resource for students – they influence the quality of education, arrange activities and trips, carry out various projects, and much more. The Student Union is located in the Students’ House.
At JU, it is compulsory for all students to become members of Jönköping Student Union. The student union fee is included in the tuition for tuition-fee paying students, however, all other students are required to pay the membership fee separately. Read more and pay the fee here.
Top up your print account
Visit Service Center
Learn more about the Swedish personal identity number
Students who are admitted to 2 year Master's programmes or 3 year Bachelor's programmes may be eligible to apply for a Swedish personal identity number (personnummer). Learn more on the Swedish Tax Agency's website (Skatteverket).
Insurance for international students at JU
Before arriving in Sweden, it is important to ensure that you have adequate insurance coverage. Read more.
Jönköping Student Union
The Student Union is run by students, for students. It is compulsory for all students to be members of Jönköping Student Union. Read more here.