INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENTS
- AI Engineering
- Applied Economics and Data Analysis
- Digital Business
- Engineering Management
- Global Management
- International Financial Analysis
- International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- International Marketing
- Interventions in Childhood
- MASTech (specialization: Assistive Technology)
- Materials and Manufacturing
- Product Design
- Production Engineering and Management
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Supply Chain Operations Management
- Sustainable Building Information Management
- Sustainable Communication
- User Experience Design
Apply for accommodation and announce arrival
Application for accommodation
The accommodation application for the Autumn semester 2021 is open until 25 May (it will be extended for students who are admitted after this date). In order to be guaranteed accommodation upon arrival you need to apply for housing, pay the 700 SEK service fee, and announce your arrival within the set deadlines. If you have not received information or have questions about accommodation, please contact Accommodation.Office@ju.se
Announce your arrival
After applying, you must also make sure you announce your arrival to Accommodation Office between July 1-20 to confirm your application. Note: if you do not announce your arrival, you will lose your guaranteed accommodation. Keep in mind that there is a housing shortage, so students are strongly urged to follow through with the student housing application. More details about accommodation, arrival, pick-up weekend, etc. here.
Check your Insurance
Check Roll Call, Schedule,etc.
When you select your programme from the menu above, you will also find additional info, such as your schedule for Introduction Week, as well as some other useful links and information. Take the time to familiarize yourself with everything on this page, so that you’ll be better prepared when you arrive!
Note: this information will be updated during the summer, so be sure to check back before arrival!
Register and activate your JU user account
International students will be able to register online before arriving. Instructions regarding the registration process will be sent out via email to all students around the beginning of August.
Students will be able to register from 16 August, 2021.
Please watch the film below to learn how to create a user account, get an e-mail address, find your courses and more at Jönköping University.
If you want to see the videos one by one, there are direct links here:
More written information about our IT services can be found on this website.
Visit the Student Web
Attend Roll Call
On the first day of Introduction Week, Monday August 23th, you are expected to attend the compulsory roll call for your programme. You’ll find the location and time for your roll call when you select your programme (this will be updated by summer). Attending roll-call is compulsory for new students. If you do not attend roll-call you risk losing your place.
Some students may have extenuating circumstances and may be prevented from attending roll call. If this is the case, and you cannot attend roll call, contact us here and inform us immediately.
Latecomers who have informed us of late arrival must visit Service Center upon arrival in order to complete the registration process.
Download our App: JU Mobile
JU Mobile allows you to access your schedule through the app as well as book rooms, register for exams, see your study results, view the news, etc. You can download it on the App Store, or Google Play.
Sessions to watch and important info to read during Intro Week
- Welcome and get started” by International Office (video) Information about Sweden, studies at JU, services, registration to obtain the Swedish personal ID number and more!
- Information about the Student Health Care at JU (video). Read more about Student Health Care at JU.
- Information from Chaplaincy at JU (video)
- Information about educational support for students with disabilities. Download a Powerpoint about educational support.
- The Academic Resource Center at JU (video). Learn more about the Academic Resource Center at JU.
- Information about insurances for international students at JU
- Student insurances international program students (video)
- Academic integrity at JU (video)
- Living outside your comfort zone (video)
Order the JU Card
You need a JU card to access premises on campus, borrow books from the University Library, access printers, get student discounts, etc. You should order your JU card when activating your account. More info can be found at ju.se/ju-card.
Your JU card will be available for pick up at the Campus Arena after you've received a confirmation email that the card is ready.
The opening hours are as follows:
23- 27 August: Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00
30 August -3 September: Monday-Friday 09:00-15:00
Join the Student Union
The Student Union is a great resource for students – they influence the quality of education, arrange activities and trips, carry out various projects, and much more. The Student Union is located in the Students’ House.
At JU, it is compulsory for all students to become members of Jönköping Student Union. The student union fee is included in the tuition for tuition-fee paying students, however, all other students are required to pay the membership fee separately. Read more and pay the fee here.
Top up your print account
Visit Service Center
Learn more about the Swedish personal identity number
Welcome from the President of Jönköping University