Work Placement in Sustainable Communication, 7.5 credits
Work Placement in Sustainable Communication, 7,5 högskolepoäng
|Confirmed by:||Director of Education Dec 10, 2019
|Valid From:||Spring 2020
|Education Cycle:||Second-cycle level
|Disciplinary domain:||Social sciences
|Main field of study:||Media and Communication Science
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
- identify the challenges connected to "communication and sustainability" within a company/an organization
- describe and give an account of the work placement's organization and activity and how it communicates with its stakeholders and surroundings
Skills and abilities
- independently identify, formulate problems and suggest solutions within the field of sustainable communication in relation to a company/an organization
Judgement and approach
- critically reflect on the relation between theories (in Media and Communication with focus on Sustainability) and the practice within a company/an organization
• Practice tasks related to a company/an organization, with focus on communication
• Project work within sustainable communication, related to the needs of a company/an organization
Type of instruction
An e-learning platform is used.
Students who have been admitted to and registered for a course have the right to receive instruction/supervision for the duration of the time period specified for the particular course to which they were accepted. After that, the right to receive instruction/supervision expires.
The teaching is conducted in English.
Second-cycle courses equivalent to 15 credits in Media and Communication Sciences, for example Sustainability and Communication, 15 credits, or Media in the Digital Age – Participation, Power and (In)Equality, 7.5 credits, and Transmedia Storytelling and Design, 7.5 credits.
Examination and grades
The course is graded Fail (U) or Pass (G).
The examination is based on instruction and course literature.
Forms of examination:
- project work
- individual written report
The examination must allow for students to be assessed on an individual basis. Further information concerning assessment of specific intended learning outcomes and grading criteria is provided in a study guide distributed at the beginning of the course.
To receive the final grade of this course, the student needs to pass all of the examinations.
A student may not make a second attempt at any examination already passed in order to receive a higher grade.
Registration of examination:
|Name of the Test||Value||Grading
|Project work connected to a work placement/company/organization1||4 credits||U/G
|Individual written report1||2 credits||U/G
The examination is graded Fail (U) or Pass (G).
The instruction is followed up throughout the course. At the end of the course, a course evaluation is performed and commented on by the course coordinator and, if possible, a student representative/student representatives (course developer/s). The evaluation, which is published on the relevant e-learning platform and submitted to the administration, is to function as a basis for future improvements to the course.
Relevant literature for the student's own work (project and report) – decided by the student together with the examiner
Citing Sources – How to Create Literature References
The Interactive Anti-Plagiarism Guide – Jönköping University
Information about plagiarism at higher education institutions
Available on the e-learning platform