Final Project Work in Product Development, 30 credits
Examensarbete i Produktutveckling, 30 högskolepoäng
|Confirmed by:||Dean Sep 22, 2014
|Valid From:||Aug 1, 2014
|Reg number:||JTH 2014/3475-122
|Education Cycle:||Second-cycle level
|Disciplinary domain:||Technology (95%) and social sciences (5%)
|Main field of study:||Product Development
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
After the completion of the course the student should be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
- demonstrate deeper methodological knowledge in the main field of study
- demonstrate in-depth understanding in focused areas of the main field of study
Skills and abilities
- demonstrate an ability to critically and systematically integrate knowledge and to analyse, assess and deal with complex phenomena, issues and situations, even when limited information is available
- demonstrate an ability to critically, independently and creatively formulate issues pertaining to the work at hand
- demonstrate skills in scientific methods and approaches when planning and conducting a task or study within specified time limits
- demonstrate an ability to relate the study to current research within the field
- demonstrate an ability to collect, process and analyse relevant information and knowledge and to critically analyse this information and knowledge
- demonstrate an ability to render and express knowledge through, for instance, language, models, formulas or statistics within the field of the study
- demonstrate an ability to write a scientific report within the main field of study and to present the content orally in accordance with the international practice of the field, as well as to critically assess the knowledge contribution of the final project work.
Judgement and approach
- prove ability to apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the programme and to identify the need of further knowledge
- demonstrate an ability to identify the generalizability of the problem under study
- demonstrate insight into the scientific strength and weaknesses of the study as well as of the perspectives applied
- demonstrate an ability to make assessments within the focused area, taking into account relevant scientific and ethical aspects, as well as to demonstrate awareness concerning sustainable development.
The course covers the following topics:
- Project planning
- Literature search
- Collection, processing and analysis of data
- Development work (if applicable)
- Writing reports
- Oral presentation and opposition.
Type of instruction
Supervision and seminars.
During the course, the student will perform an independent investigation and research study. In order to do so, the student must plan and implement a study within the main field of study and in collaboration with the assignment provider, write a report and present the results at a seminar at JTH in Jönköping. Furthermore, the student must conduct an opposition on another final project work within the same main field of study. In order to complete the course, the student must also take responsibility for the completion of the final project work, and for co-operating with the supervisor appointed by the university.
The final project work is performed and reported within the main field of study together with another student or individually.
A supervisor and an examiner is appointed to each final project work. The completion of the final project work must follow the instructions established by JTH.
The teaching is conducted in English.
At least 63 credits in the Master´s program should be approved. In addition, the thesis work at first cycle should be approved.
Examination and grades
The course is graded 5,4,3 or Fail .
The final project work must be terminated within 12 months from the approval at the start of the course, although special reasons may lead to a prolongation of this time frame.
The course is examined through a written report, oral presentation of the report, and opposition of another group. A grade for the course is received only after passed grade for all examination forms.
Registration of examination:
|Name of the Test||Value||Grading
Students may start the final project work upon approval by the examiner.
Exemption from the prerequisites may be granted by the programme co-ordinator.
Relevant literature is chosen based on the thesisi topics in consulation with the supervisor. The student has the main responsibility in this process.