Industrial Product Realization in Collaboration, 6 credits
Industriell produktframtagning i samverkan, 6 högskolepoäng
|Confirmed by:||Dean Apr 6, 2018
|Valid From:||Aug 1, 2018
|Education Cycle:||Second-cycle level
|Disciplinary domain:||Technology (75%) and social sciences (25%)
|Main field of study:||Production Systems, Product Development
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
After a successful course, the student shall
Knowledge and understanding
- demonstrate comprehension of the content, working methods and environment conditions of the stages in the product realization process
Skills and abilities
- demonstrate the ability to analyze different forms of leadership and group’s dynamics
- demonstrate the ability to work in a multicultural work environment
- demonstrate the ability to complete a project in collaboration and meet the pre-determined objectives of the project
Judgement and approach
- demonstrate the ability to value and reflect over the result of the project towards pre-determined objectives
- demonstrate an understanding of how different skills in the product realization process contributes to the entire process
- demonstrate an understanding of how personal and cultural differences contribute to the outcome of development work.
The course covers the different stages in the product realization process’ and provides a theoretical, organizational and scientific framework both generically and specifically for the different master programs.
The course includes the following topics:
- Content, working methods and environment conditions of the stages in the product realization process
- Relevant product development, industrial design and information technology methods
- Group dynamics, leadership and communication in the different stages of the product realization process
- Multicultural aspects of communication and work.
Type of instruction
Lectures, seminars, workshops, exercises, individual assignments and project work in groups.
The teaching is conducted in English.
The applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor's degree (ie. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits within the major subject Informatics, Computer Engineering, Interaction Design (with relevant courses in web programming), Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management or Civil Engineering or equivalent. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Examination and grades
The course is graded 5,4,3 or Fail .
The final grade will only be issued after satisfactory completion of all assessments.
Registration of examination:
|Name of the Test||Value||Grading
|Project Work1||4 credits||5/4/3/U
Determines the final grade of the course, which is issued only when all course units have been passed.
The literature is preliminary until one month before the course starts.
Title: A very short, fairly interesting and reasonably cheap book about studying leadership, second edition
Author: Jackson, B; Parry, K. (2011)
Publisher: Sage, London