Industrial Placement Course in Product Development, 9 credits
Näringslivsförlagd kurs i Produktutveckling, 9 högskolepoäng
|Confirmed by:||Dean Feb 27, 2014
|Valid From:||Aug 1, 2014
|Reg number:||JTH 2014/1006-122
|Education Cycle:||Second-cycle level
|Disciplinary domain:||Technology (95%) and social sciences (5%)
|Main field of study:||Product Development
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
On completion of the course, the student should
Knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrate an understanding of the difference between the experience of practical work and the theoretical knowledge acquired earlier in the program
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the knowledge acquired through their education in professional work
- Demonstrate the ability to describe, analyze and reflect on the results of their work experience and to present them orally and in writing to the client and at the university.
Judgement and approach
- Demonstrate the ability, based on experience with clients, to reflect on their need for knowledge and skills in professional practice
- Demonstrate insight into their future professional role and the responsibility for sustainability that comes with it
Conditions for a professional approach in the exercise of their future profession.
Business-related content tailored to the client's professional activities, with students:
-joining and contributing knowledge to an ongoing project
-witnessing and participates in an ongoing product development process
-participating in professional practice relevant to the main subject area
-planning and delivering professional development for the client’s staff
Written and oral reflection upon the experience of professional practice, and its documentation.
Type of instruction
Introduction on campus and/or via the learning platform; hands-on professional practice in the workplace; final report, written and oral, on campus.
Students work individually.
The teaching is conducted in English.
At least 30 credits in the Master´s programme should be approved (or the equivalent).
Examination and grades
The course is graded Fail (U) or Pass (G).
Final grade U/G is given only when all assessments are passed.
Registration of examination:
|Name of the Test||Value||Grading
|Report and presentation||2 credits||U/G
Guiding documents will be available via Ping Pong.