Sidan uppdaterad 2019-08-30


You are responsible to cover your own insurance prior to your departure from Sweden.

Health & liability insurance

You have a liability insurance from JU which covers you while pursuing your internship/final project work at a company. Other than that you are not insured so you need to organise your own suitable health and travel insurance.

Liability insurance during internship

"The liability insurance at Jönköping University covers damage, caused by a student, during their time at a work place as part of an ongoing study programme. The insurance is valid in the whole world. When damage has occurred, there should be a claim made as soon as possible. The insurance covers damage caused for up to 10 million SEK."

Additional insurance information

If you are a European citizen and travel within Europe you are generally partly covered for health care within the EES agreement.

Some partner universities may require you to purchase their own campus insurance. Make sure to verify the conditions of the insurance since it may not cover medical repatriation, which you may have to purchase separately.

If you are an international student going on an exchange, you may have to purchase an insurance from your home country.