Points are given for the three parts and the total determines a student’s rank in the priority group.
- Credits belonging to the education programme.
- One factor is given for grade point average.
- Extra curricular activities. You travel as an ambassador for the School of Engineering and therefore you can include other qualifications, such as involvement in HI TECH and the university. Engagement provides Study abroad points according to the list, available at the International Relations and HI TECH, along with instructions on how to get the points. If you want to have these points included in the selection this must be reported to HINT at certain times during the academic year.
Priority Groups for School of Engineering
Students are divided into different priority groups in the competition. See above. Additional factors affect the priority group. If a student has already accepted a place in the selection but then wants to find one for a second exchange semester, priority will go to those who have not had a place before. Also, a student who declines an offered place will be moved into a lower priority group at the next application period, unless there are special circumstances.
Continuation Requirements for School of Engineering
In order to begin the second or third year, a minimum number of credits from the programme’s earlier year must be completed to be able to go on exchange studies.
The Exchange Process for going abroad:
- Accept offered exchange place in IntApps
Nomination (International Relations Office responsible)
-Nomination is sent to the Partner University from International Relations Office, JU
Formal application process to the Partner University (student responsible)
- Deadline for the online application
- Online application (prepare all necessary documents)
- Information from Partner University (course list, accommodation)
Preparation Week in March 2019
Letter of Acceptance from Partner University
- Visa application