Prosthetics and Orthotics Introduction, 7,5 högskolepoäng
Prosthetics and Orthotics Introduction, 7.5 credits
|Fastställd av:||Utbildningsrådet 2017-11-27
|Reviderad av:||Utbildningschef 2019-05-06
|Diarienummer:||Department of Rehabilitation
Upon completion of the course the student should have the ability to:
Kunskap och förståelse
- explain different perspectives on health and welfare
- describe core competencies of a prosthetist/orthotist and reflect upon their relevance for clinical practice
- describe the role of a prosthetist/orthotist as part of an interdisciplinary team and identify other professional roles within health and welfare
- describe major developments in orthotics and prosthetics, and the advancement of the profession
- identify and describe laws and ethics related to prosthetics and orthotics
- describe the main laws and directives regulating health and welfare
- describe the scope of the Swedish health and welfare system, as well as its organisation
- describe principles underlying evidence based practice.
Färdighet och förmåga
- apply ethical reasoning
- recognise, understand and relate to academic integrity
- explore topics and apply appropriate search strategies to find academic resources to resolve an enquiry
- appropriately acknowledge, summarise and reference academic literature and sources of information
- show basic ability to act in a professional manner when interacting with others, and to have a special consideration for the ethical code of the profession
- discuss sustainability as a concept within health and welfare.
Värderingsförmåga och förhållningssätt
- demonstrate an appreciation for personal and professional integrity
- demonstrate an awareness of how one’s own values and approach affects interaction with others
- reflect over the concept of ethics, and how the professional ethical code relates to other professions within health and welfare.
- professional roles and responsibilities of prosthetist/orthotists in relation to other professionals
- developments in prosthetics and orthotics (technology, services and scope of practice)
- laws and ethics in prosthetics and orthotics clinical practice
- introduction to evidence-based practice and academic literature
- scientific information and search strategies
- academic integrity
The course is implemented through lectures, case studies, written assignments, group tutorials and field studies.
Undervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
General entry requirements include high school diploma and specific demand on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Examination och betyg
Kursen bedöms med betygen A, B, C, D, E, FX eller F.
Examination of the course will be based upon one individual written assignment, one group oral presentation based on a field study, group seminars and submission of personal reflection assignments.
A university lecturer serves as examiner for the course.
Poängregistrering av examinationen för kursen sker enligt följande system:
|Individual written assignment||7,5 hp||A/B/C/D/E/FX/F
|Group presentation||0 hp||U/G
|Seminars and reflection assignments||0 hp||U/G
Lusardi, M., & Nielsen, C. (2012). Orthotics and Prosthetics in Rehabilitation. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier Saunders.
Scientific articles will be added.