Human Rights in Theory and Practice 7,5 CreditsThe course presents Human Rights from an interdisciplinary, global and local perspective. Human Rights are approached from an historical, philosophical, political, sociological and geographical perspective to highlight how Human Rights has developed and how Human Rights are discussed and practiced on the international and national arena.
- The concept human rights in a historic & philosophical perspective and in current international contexts
- The international legal system
- Culture, universality and relativity of Human rights
- Human rights and perspectives on development & democracy
- Human rights & gender violence
- Human rights in practice: A right-based appproach in international cooperation
PrerequisitesGeneral entrance requirements. Exemption is given from requirement in Swedish language.
Level of Education: Undergraduate G1N
Course code/Ladok code: LMRG17
The course is conducted at: School of Education and Communication
Previous and ongoing course occasions
This course is cancelled for study period Feb 27-Mar 27.
Type of courseSingle subject
SemesterSpring 2017: Feb 27 - Apr 02
Rate of Study100%
Number of places10
Course coordinatorCarina Hjelmstam Winberg
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students11250kr