MMTC Visiting Doctoral Program
About the Program
The Media, Management and Transformation Centre (MMTC) at Jönköping International Business School, Jönköping University, Sweden is offering to host doctoral students in the last phase of their doctoral studies to work on their dissertations, exchange ideas and knowledge, and use the resources of the Center and the University. Applications are invited from students pursuing doctoral studies in fields relevant to MMTC’s research areas. As MMTC does not provide any funding for the visit applicants are expected to have independent financing.
Visiting doctoral students will receive:
- Shared office space located with other visiting research fellows
- Access to a computer, photocopying and printing, as well as the staff common room
- Library access
- Free entry to all institute events.
Visiting doctoral students are expected to:
- Deliver a research seminar about their research to faculty members and other PhDs
- Give one or more guest lectures related to their research topics in classes (Bachelor or Master level)
- Co-Author a publication with another MMTC Scholar
For the application, please send us:
- A letter of intent explaining why you want to apply, what you expect to gain from the visit, and a one paragraph description of the research you will undertake
- Copy of your dissertation proposal, a letter of recommendation from your doctoral supervisor, which should include an indication of the relevance of MMTC interests to your dissertation research curriculum vita and copies of attested documents (transcript, diploma)
- Copy of your Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis
- Personal description.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting Doctoral Fellows in Recent Years
Irina Guruli, PhD Candidate in Business Administration and Visiting lecture at Ilia State University (ISU), Tbilisi, Georgia. Deputy Manager at The Economic Policy Research Center (EPRC)
Bianca Harms, PhD Candidate in the Department of Marketing of the SOM Graduate School of Economics and Business at University of Groningen (Netherlands)
Wei SHAO, PhD Candidate at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand
Claudia Fernanda Gonzalez, PhD Candidate at the University of Queensland Business School, Australia
Crystal Abidin, PhD candidate in Anthropology & Sociology, and Communication & Media Studies at the University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Pamela Przybylsk, PhD candidate at the School of Journalism at the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany
Sari Susanna Virta, PhD candidate at the Department of Communication, Media and Theatre of University of Tampere, Finland
Christoph Sommer, PhD candidate at the Department of Media Economics & Management at the Institute of Mass Communication and Media Research at the University of Zurich, Switzerland
Päivi Maijanen-Kyläheiko, PhD candidate at the School of Business at Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland.
Imme Baumüller, doctoral candidate and research assistant at the Department of Media and Communication Studies at the University of Mannheim, Germany
Juliane Lischka, doctoral candidate and research assistant at the Department of Media Economics & Management at the Institute of Mass Communication and Media Research (IPMZ), University of Zurich, Switzerland
Markku Tuomola, doctoral candidate at the Turku School of Economics, Finland.
Manuel Goyanes Martinez, PhD candidate at Department of Media Economics at the University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Catherina Dürrenberg, doctoral candidate at the Department of Journalism and Communication Research at the Hanover University of Music, Drama and Media, Germany
Britta M. Gossel, research assistant at the Department of Media Management at Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany
Muzammil M. Hussain, PhD candidate in Communication, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Tom Evens, PhD candidate at the Department of Media Studies at Ghent University, Belgium
Robert Piehler, PhD candidate at the Department for Management of Information and Communication at the German University of Administrative Science Speyer, Germany
Visiting Doctoral Fellows Prior to 2012
Cristina Cullell March
Benedikt von Walter
Content updated 2019-07-23