Centre for Family Entrepreneurship
Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) is one of four schools within Jönköping University. The School offers study programmes and courses in business administration, economics, informatics and law with an international focus. Teaching and research at JIBS focuses on entrepreneurship, business renewal and internationalization. JIBS has some 2,000 registered students and 200 employees. For more information please visit
Thanks to a generous donation from the Carl-Olof and Jenz Hamrin Foundation and as a part of our strategy to further strengthen our leading position in family business and ownership research, we seek a Research Fellow who would like to conduct post-doctoral research at the Centre for Family Enterprise and Ownership (CeFEO). The position is for 3 years, with a first evaluation after 2 years.
CeFEO is an internationally leading research center for family business and ownership issues; currently the largest in the world and ranked first in Europe and fourth globally for research publications. CeFEO was established in 2005 and has grown into a genuinely interdisciplinary and international research center with around 30 senior and junior researchers and regular visiting scholars. CeFEO is committed to “Academic Excellence and Practical Relevance" and active in the areas of research, education and outreach activities.
Please visit www.cefeo.se for more information about our activities and faculty.
The Research Fellow will conduct research and play an active role in the continued development of CeFEO. Furthermore, on about 20% of full time the candidate is expected to teach on undergraduate and graduate levels and possibly supervise doctoral students.
The position is full time and requires a PhD degree in a relevant discipline for advanced family business research, such as business administration (entrepreneurship, strategic management, accounting, marketing, etc), economics, economic history, psychology and/or (family) sociology.
Post doc academic performance is an additional qualification. The candidate is expected to have a strong international orientation. We require professional command of English.
In making the selection, importance will be given to achievements, experiences and/or ambitions of the applicant in the following areas:
· Capacity and interest to engage in academic research at the highest level and an emergent record of international publications (especially in internationally recognized, peer-reviewed journals).
· Research experience with issues related to one or several of the following broad areas of family business; entrepreneurship, succession, governance, leadership, strategic development, internationalization, innovation and growth.
· Interest in building networks and collaborate with researchers/research centers in several countries.
Ability and willingness to engage in joint research projects and team activities.
Experience of teaching and ability to communicate with academic and professional audiences (especially family business owners/managers, and advisors).
For more information about the position, please contact Professor Leif Melin, Director of CeFEO or Professor Mattias Nordqvist, Co-director of CeFEO.
Union representatives are Duncan Levinsohn (SACO-s) and Barbara Eklöf (ST). Contact phone number for them all is +46 36 10 10 00
The application should include:
· A letter of application that includes a description of your personal and research experience as well as your motivation for applying to this position including reasons why you believe JIBS and CeFEO is the right place for you. The letter should also describe your present ideas for your future research
· Your CV
· Up to 5 of your most important scientific contributions as well as your doctoral dissertation
· A description and evidence of your teaching credentials and of other relevant work experience from the academic sector
· Names and contact details of three reference persons