Orthotic Management and Biomechanics II 7,5 Credits
Course Contents- orthotic treatment for lower limb including knee and hip (KAFO, HpO, HKO, HKAFO, KO)*
- orthotic treatment for trunk and neck (SIO, LSO, TLSO, CO, CTO, CTLSO)*
- scoliosis management
- seating treatment and devices
- external devices for soft tissues relating to thorax and pelvis (e.g. hernia truss, breast prostheses)
- biomechanics of the trunk and neck
- client centered care and application of ICF in treatments.
*Abbreviations of orthoses according to ISO 8549-3.
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and passed courses in semester 1, 2, and 3, and taken courses in semester 4 from the Prosthetics and Orthotics Bachelor Programme, or equivalent.
Level of Education: Undergraduate
Course code/Ladok code: HOMN13
The course is conducted at: School of Health and Welfare
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterAutumn 2023: Aug 28 - Oct 01
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorSara Kallin
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students15000kr