Advanced Research Methods in Entrepreneurship 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsIn this course, you develop an understanding of scientific research methods and apply them to relevant topics in entrepreneurship and digital business. The content covers all steps of a typical research process, including:
- How to find relevant knowledge and literature;
- How to propose an appropriate research strategy, choosing among quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- How to define a relevant data sample;
- How to collect and analyze data;
- How to ensure research quality and ethics;
- How to theorize from the findings and present the results, and;
- How to relate frameworks, methods, and results to research philosophy.
Connection to Research and Practice
The course provides an insight into the world of academic research within business administration, specifically entrepreneurship and digital business. You learn about the research process and how to assess scientific research based on contemporary research standards within the academy and at JIBS.
The course also draws relevant connections between academic research and business practice. As future knowledge workers, the course provides a scientific fundament to your careers by showing you how to create new information and knowledge. After the course, you will also benefit from improved information literacy, allowing you to support a critical and reflective stance towards existing information and knowledge.
PrerequisitesBachelor’s degree in Business Administration (i.e the equivalent of 180 credits at an accredited university) or equivalent..
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: JARR26
The course is conducted at: Jönköping International Business School
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterAutumn 2023: Oct 30 - Jan 14
Rate of Study50%
Course coordinatorThomas Cyron
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students15000kr