Digital Business Modeling 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThis course provides an understanding of business model innovation for both new ventures and established companies. It focuses on identifying, designing, and assessing digital business models. Participants will learn how to use business modeling in a structured way to generate a digital business model, or modify an existing one.
Business modeling is important for startups as well as for established businesses which need to discover, defend or evolve their business models. How can organizations create and deliver value for their customers? How can they capture some of that value for the organization? The business model encompasses the product or service, your customers, and the economic engine that will enable it to meet profitability and growth objectives.
The topics covered include:
• The role of technologies for new business models generation and platform as business models
• The business model innovation process
• Value creation for key actors in the digital economy
• Developing digital business models that capture value and sustain their competitive advantage
• Prototyping business models
• Avoiding business model failure
PrerequisitesBachelor's degree in Business Administration (i.e. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university).
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: JDBR27
The course is conducted at: Jönköping International Business School
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterSpring 2020: Jan 13 - Mar 22
Rate of Study50%
Course coordinatorNorbert Steigenberger
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students15000kr