Managing Responsibly for Corporate Sustainability 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsManaging corporations responsibly is the most important challenge of businesses in most countries in the world. The course provides conceptual tools to understanding the significance of sustainability in corporations. Sustainability is used to explore how companies improve their operational efficiencies, innovate and comply with regulations and accepted practices in their industries. The topic covered in the course are:
- - Introduction to sustainable development, including the meaning and relevance of sustainability and how and why managing corporate sustainability is central for sustaining earth ecosystems.
- - Development phases of corporate sustainability, including different development paths of corporate responsibility and sustainability. These paths describe the most common decisions, operating logics and challenges that owners and managers face.
- - Compliance, operational efficiencies and transformation, including the importance and approaches to working proactively with compliance, operational efficiencies and transformation in the corporation.
- - Strategic corporate philanthropy, including the importance of developing a strategy for carrying out meaningful corporate philanthropy aligned with the business strategy in the different regions/countries in which the company operates.
- - Managing responsibly, including the relationship between individual ethics and sustainability of owner and managers, and the importance of giving voice to ethics in responsibility and sustainability.
PrerequisitesBachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Economics (i.e. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university)
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: JMSR20
The course is conducted at: Jönköping International Business School
Upcoming course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterSpring 2020: Mar 23 - May 31
Rate of Study50%
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students15000kr