Intercultural Communication and Sustainable Social Change 7,5 CreditsThis course is designed for students/professionals wishing to increase their intercultural understanding and to gain tools for building international ties. Students will explore their own culture, begin to perceive the impact of culture on daily life, learn some of the basic theories of cross-cultural communication and work towards achieving cross-cultural competence.
In order to create a diverse learning environment, the course welcomes both international and Swedish students as well as professionals.
- Intercultural communication theories
- Cultural values and identities
- Cultural, sociological, and psychological aspects of intergroup communication
- Intercultural competence
- Communication processes in international contexts
- Sustainable development theories
- The relevance and role of communication in sustainability work
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements. English proficiency is required. Exemption is granted from the requirement in Swedish.
Level of Education: Undergraduate
Course code/Ladok code: LICG13
The course is conducted at: School of Education and Communication
Previous and ongoing course occasions
This course is cancelled for study period Jan 23-Mar 27.
Type of courseSingle subject
SemesterSpring 2023: Jan 23 - Apr 02
Rate of Study50%
Number of places10
Course coordinatorIrene Rapado
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students11250kr