Intercultural and International Communication 7,5 CreditsThis course is designed for students/professionals wishing to increase their intercultural understanding and to gain tools for building international ties. Students will explore their own culture, begin to perceive the impact of culture on daily life, learn some of the basic theories of cross-cultural communication and work towards achieving cross-cultural competence.
In order to create a diverse learning environment, the course welcomes both international and Swedish students as well as professionals.
Course Contents• Intercultural theories and categories
• Cultural values and identity
• Cultural, sociological and psychological aspects in interpersonal and global communication
• Communication processes in international contexts
• Representations of cultures
• Theories of sustainable development
• The role of communication in processes of sustainability work
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements. English proficiency is required. Exemption is granted from the requirement in Swedish.
Level of Education: Undergraduate
Course code/Ladok code: LIIG19
The course is conducted at: School of Education and Communication
Course occasions open for Application
Type of courseSingle subject
SemesterSpring 2021: Jan 25 - Apr 04
Rate of Study50%
Number of places15
Course coordinatorSulaiman Saleh
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students11250kr
AdmissionAdmission at antagning.se