Linear Algebra and Optimization 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThe course introduces several elements from the linear algebra as well as techniques for linear optimization.
The course includes the following elements:
- Systems of simultaneous linear equations and Gauss elimination
- Vectors, basic operations and some vector geometry
- Matrices and matrix algebra
- Eigenvectors and eigenvalues
- Linear programming
- Graphical solutions to two-dimensional linear programming problems
- The Simplex method and sensitivity analysis
- Duality in linear programming
- Examples of computer software for optimization.
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and Physics 1, Chemistry 1, Matematics 3c or Physics A, Chemistry A, Matematics D and English 6 or English B in the Swedish upper secondary school system or international equivalent.
Level of Education: Undergraduate G1N
Course code/Ladok code: TAOG19
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Upcoming course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterSpring 2022: Mar 28 - Jun 05
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorAnders Andersson
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students18750kr