Databases 6 Credits
Course ContentsThe purpose of the course is to introduce and experience Database design and querying.
After a successful course, the student shall master basics of relation databases and be able to model, design and query databases.
The course includes the following topics:
- Relational Databases - Introduction, Theory, Purpose
- Database Design - ER model
- Structured Query Language and Query writing
- Multi-table Queries - Joins, Relations
- Usage of databases and database systems with software and/or mobile development
- Advanced SQL, Transactions, Indexing
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and completed courses in Introduction to Programming, 9 credits (or the equivalent).
Level of Education: Undergraduate
Course code/Ladok code: TDRK18
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterSpring 2023: Jan 16 - Mar 26
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorJasmin Jakupovic
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students15000kr