Basic Physics 2 6 fup
Course ContentsThe course contains basic physics with particular importance to the field of technology.
In addition, the course will provide familiarity with the use of mathematical skills and concepts in physics.
The course includes the following elements:
- Mechanics: Vectors, torque and conditions of equilibrium.
- Two-dimensional motion: Projectile motion and centripetal acceleration.
- Mechanical vibrations: Spring and pendulum applications, energy calculations, resonance.
- Mechanical waves: Properties of mechanical waves such as standing waves.
- Sound: Sounds and characteristics of sound waves.
- Electrical and magnetic fields: The capacitor, charged particles in magnetic fields.
- Electromagnetic induction: Inductance, self-induction.
- AC power: Generators, the transformer, inductor and capacitor in an AC circuit.
- Electromagnetic waves: Properties such as interference and diffraction.
- Wave optics: Properties such as reflection and refraction.
- Atomic Physics: The atomic electron structure.
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and Physics 1, Matematics 3b/3c or Physics A, Matematics C alternatively completed course Basic Physics 1, 9 credits
Level of Education: GXX
Course code/Ladok code: TG2F07
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering