Material Testing and Characterisation 6 Credits
Course ContentsThe course covers different material properties and material behavior. The link between structure and material properties is studied. Equipment for typical material testing techniques are studied and used in practice. The measurements are analyzed and presented.
The course contains the following topics:
- Testing methodology, material testing standards and material standards
- Mechanical tests of static and dynamic properties
- Analytical methods for thermo-physical properties
- Determination of chemical composition and thermodynamic calculations of microstructure
- Metallographic sample preparation, microscopy and image analysis
- Different techniques for nondestructive testing
- Theory behind the relationship between structure and material properties.
PrerequisitesThe applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor's degree (ie. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TMRR28
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
Number of required meetings0
SemesterSpring 2021: Jan 18 - Mar 14
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorNils-Eric Andersson
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students13998kr