Optimization Driven Design 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThe course includes the following elements:
- Introduction to optimization driven design; linear programming.
- Unconstrained optimization; the steepest descent method, Newton’s method, secant methods.
- Constrained optimization; Karush-Kuhn-Tucker conditions, quadratic programming, active set strategies, penalty and barrier function methods.
- Convex optimization and variational inequalities, with applications in mechanical engineering.
- Structural optimization; distributed parameter systems, shape and topology optimization.
PrerequisitesPassed courses 180 credits in first cycle, at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, and 21 credits Mathematics, and completed course Non-linear Finite Element Analysis, 6 credits. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TODS29
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering