Purchasing Logistics with a Global Perspective 10 CreditsThe aim of this course is to give advanced knowledge of logistics in purchasing and supply chain management with a global perspective. The focus is on the purchasing functions importance for the company result.
Course Contents- Purchasing and strategic sourcing
- Supply chain management, Globalization and Incoterms
- Initiate supplier relations: define needs, specify and document
- Assess supplier portfolio, select suppliers
- Prepare negotiations with regard to TCO and cost break-down
- Legal aspects, contracts, delivery and payment terms and contract management
- Supplier relations, Systems for managing supplier relationships (SRM)
- Sustainability and Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Purchase orders, performance measurements (KPIs), and supplier evaluation
- Supplier development process
- Terminate supplier relations
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and completed courses 60 credits in first cycle in industrial engineering, business administration, computer information systems or equivalent. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Undergraduate
Course code/Ladok code: TPGN10
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
This course is cancelled for study period Jun 07-Jun 28.
Type of courseSummer course
SemesterSummer 2021: Jun 07 - Jul 04
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorLeif-Magnus Jensen
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students25000kr